Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sketch-a-day Challenge: Day 1


Hey, sorry for the late start, but here it is.

Now, I plan to try to update this everyday, but it may not always be sketches. It might be WIP's. We'll just have to see...

This sketch came to me after I revisited Harold and the Purple Crayon. Charming story. I asked myself... what if Harold had never found his way home, and had stayed for 20 years in his world/dimension where he could create physical things by drawing them with his crayon? What would it be like to grow up since the age of 3 or 4, isolated but able to actually create something from nothing?

I'm cooking up a very interesting story based on this premise, wrought with psychological drama and parallels to Genesis.

I almost don't want to talk too much about it 'cuz I don't want to give away my best ideas... >_> But you can probably expect more Harold sketches in the future.


This was done in micron pen on paper with a slight tooth. I like that sorta "classical pen and ink" approach.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome aboard! Great first post. Those leg roots are giving me the creeps.