Monday, December 14, 2009

New Figure Speedpaints from Life!

Here's some more.  I think they're all one-sessions (around 2 hrs.) or less.

I like these more narrative ones.


I came in late for this one and kinda rushed it.  Now the proportions are all wonky... :-(


This setup had really nice natural lighting.


An experiment with getting good directional texture in Photoshop.


I wish we'd had more time for this.


Decided to try this entirely in Painter.  It certainly took longer, but I do kind of like the more "impressionistic" look.


Again, yay for narrative poses!


Study with a draped figure + graffiti/rust texture = homeless guy illustration!


Our last thing in Figure Drawing class this semester.  Class was cut short at the end for critiques.
I really didn't do a good job capturing his likeness in this one, but I do like how the actual rendering came out.


My approach in Painter, a little looser than in Photoshop.

No comments: